Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Taylen 3 months


Height- 24 inches
Weight- 14 lbs
Clothes- 0-3 and some 3-6 depending on the brand. I am starting to put away your 3 month sleepers as your feet get to the end of them! :) It's bittersweet for me- happy you are growing but hoping I never forget this sweet time of you being so small.
Diapers- Size 1

Taylen had a big month this month! She is eating 4-5 oz about every 3 hours and is taking 2 longer naps with 1-2 cat naps here and there. Her longer naps are usually around 9:30 for an hour or so and then about 1:00 for 2-3 hours. Although she is still surprising us with random naps in her schedule as well. At night she sleeps from about 8:00 pm to 2:30 and then after she eats goes to sleep until about 6:30. The last two nights she has slept all night in her cradle! :) Big news this month, sleeping wise is her getting all the way through the night a few times and we stopped swaddling you. I'm not so sure I was ready but daddy tried it one night and you seemed to like it better so we stuck with it.
The other big milestone Taylen hit this month was starting daycare. I went back to work part time, which was wonderful. It allowed us both to adjust (me being away from her and back to work and her and her daycare provider to adjust to each other) without being forced into it for 9 hours a day. The first week was hit and miss but mostly a little rough on all of us and after that it got better and better. I think she knows its a daycare day now when I strap her in her seat in the morning and she does really good for her provider for the most part. She will only sleep in her bouncer or swing while she's there...but she is eating and sleeping well while she's there. Last week was her first week going full time.
This also became a morning tradition starting last week:

After they're both dressed and ready for the day, I go in and finish getting ready and brush my teeth before we walk out the door. They sit together in the glider watching Mickey. I love it.
Taylen also sat in the jumper for the first time both at daycare and at home.

She is a very laid back baby, and I can't believe she is already 3 months old. She's starting to grab at things and will hold onto her mousey or a burp cloth (or my hair, necklaces, sweatshirt strings, etc) now. She's a smiley baby just like her sister and we just love every single smile we get. I'm pushing for the giggle but it hasn't come yet. Good thing no one has a camera on me while I'm working for that giggle...

No comments:

Post a Comment