My BABY is turning into quite the little independent one lately. On one hand it makes me sad, but on the other it is so much fun to watch her change and grow. There are nights where I just sit on the floor with her and watch her play in amazement…she’s so smart, she’s grown so much from my tiny (ok she was never TINY as a 9 ½ lb baby, but you know what I mean) newborn baby, and she’s REALLY MINE. Here are some things she’s up to at 7 months.
*Wears size 3 diapers, mostly 6-9 month clothes and Weighs 18.4 lbs. We found out her weight this morning when she crawled over to the scale in the bathroom and turned around and sat right on top of it, like it was her little princess throne.
ARMY CRAWL IN ACTION!
*She’s now crawling and she’s fast! She started off army crawling where she would kinda pull herself, and she still does that sometimes, but she is now all the way crawling too. Who cares if the way I got her to start was by bribing her to come and get the remote? Haha She can get where-ever she wants to go now! She rolls every which way, and thinks its funny to transfer her weight from her booty to her tummy and back to sitting up.
*She’s also now pulling up on things. I learned this the other day when I had her playing in her crib as I was folding laundry in her room. I looked up, and saw her peeking over the side of her crib. She’s so curious!! I couldn’t believe she was standing in there! Now she crawls over to our fireplaces and pulls herself up on the ledge all the time too.
her new face...
*She’s been walking with our help for about a month now, and the other day she walked behind her sit n stand walker toy all by herself. I have a feeling she’s going to be an early walker!
*She eats about 5 bottles a day at 6 oz each. She is also eating oatmeal in the late morning and baby food at night with dinner. Her favorites are bananas, and strawberry yogurt but it depends on the night!
*Sleeping has been a battle this month…I think most of it is due to her teething (no teeth yet, she drools like a Saint Bernard but nothing yet) and a cold. Most nights she goes to sleep around 9, and will sleep until 2 or 3 and then she’ll fuss about once an hour every hour until she wakes up. Most of the time we’re just getting up long enough to give her her bear, and turn her lullabies back on but even still it makes for one tired mommy and daddy!
*She’s started making more different sounds lately. She’s hilarious to watch as she figures out how to move her mouth to make each sound. She uses the b sound a lot, but we’ve heard mama and dada a few times too. Oh I can’t wait until she can call me mama!!
*She loves peek a boo and would never tire of playing it. She also plays well on the floor in the living room with her toys. Her favorite toy is probably her school bus. It has lights and sounds and colored balls that go inside it – which she likes to take and bang together. She is still not much of a fan of her exer-saucer (she will play in there for about 20 min and then she’s done with it). She still sleeps mostly when we take car trips and really likes to be in her stroller and go for walks. Daddy even taught her how to give high-fives!
*She gets really excited to see me when I get there to pick her up from daycare. She starts breathing really fast, smiling and flailing her arms in excitement. Her friends at daycare always say “A-pen, your momma’s here!” It’s adorable. She also now knows when daddy gets home. She hears the garage open and gets so excited! I still think that Roxy is her favorite. She just watches her and instantly smiles whenever she sees her.
*I'm pretty sure she knows what the camera is and that she's supposed to smile when I get it out. She can be quite the little stinker…I think I am going to have my hands full soon. haha
I pray everyday to thank God for the miracle that she is, and for blessing me and choosing me to be her mommy. I pray that she knows I am always here for her and will do anything to help her in whatever it is that she decides to do. She is so much fun, and I just can't wait to see what she will accomplish in life. When I tickle her or swing her in my arms and make her laugh it just melts my heart. I am so blessed to be her mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment