Aspen had her 12 month well baby check yesterday. These pics are all from before her visit as you can tell from the fact that she's smiling! She is not a fan of the drs office (or I should really say more - of the dr or nurse touching her or really even just looking at her). It was a trying visit for both me and Aspen. We had to wait for 30 min past our appt time before we got called back (never again will I take the 4:15 appt), so keeping her entertained while not tearing out all the pages in the magazines was interesting.
We mostly watched cars out the window and said bye-bye to the lady or man as they were leaving the office to keep us entertained. Once we got back there it was pretty much tears the whole time from the second she got put on the scale. Our dr and nurse are so good working with her. She did calm down a bit by the time the dr came in and just sat on my lap while we talked. She even let her listen to her heart on her back, but by the time we moved to the tummy it was all out tears again. The shots were almost the easy part...She got 4 shots and had to drink one orally. We also have to take her into the lab to get her finger pricked to check her hemoglobin (iron) levels.
Now to her stats...We are blessed with a very happy (usually) healthy girl and I pray everyday that it stays that way!
Weight - 23.8 lbs (85%)
Height - 29 inches (40%)
We will have a follow up appt at an audiologist, just to be sure Aspen is hearing correctly with as many ear infections as she's had I think the dr just wants to be sure! I'm sure she'll do fine if we can keep her calm enough to even conduct the test...that will be another adventure that I think I might bring daddy along for!




No comments:
Post a Comment